The first bread I learn’t to make was Cornbread. It was incredible but had too much sugar in it however it was the bread that started it all. I have since made peanut butter bread, chocolate bread ec
The recipe is as follows.
350ml plain yoghurt
500g creamed sweet corn
1 teaspoon of baking soda
Half a cup of sugar
Add the flour cornflour baking soda sugar and yoghurt mix together while adding the sweet corn
Put in the oven at 180 degrees and bake for 20 minutes once done leave to cool and enjoy
Who does not want to try and eat a bit healthier these days. My mom and I are not very good at eating healthy especially because junk food is cheaper but we are challenging ourselves to start.
We came across a nice recipe in an old weight loss magazine. The recipe is as follows.
Brown Rice and Broccoli Stir Fry
Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
560g Brown Rice, cooked weight
1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
20 Ml oil
Salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in a large pan
2. Lightly fry onion until soft and translucent
3. Add the garlic and fry for a further minute
4. Add the Broccoli and fry for five minutes before adding remaining ingredients.
5. Stir until heated through
Footnote: You can always change the rice to Cauli Rice or add Soy Sauce.
One of the new things we like to do is make our own pies and each week we try new fillings. Last week we made the puff pastry pies with cabbage.We got the recipe from an app called unsweet baking recipes.
Salt to taste
Cooking time 30 minutes
1. Mince the onion
2. Shred the cabbage
3. Fry the onion in vegetable oil
4. Add the cabbage and broil until cabbage is tender
5. Roll out the dough, cut into squares and put the stuffing in
6. Blind pie
7. Lay a baking tray with baking paper or grease it.
8. Place in a preheated oven at 180 degrees and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or golden brown.
We no longer buy store bought pies. We have come really addicted to making our own and coming up with new ideas.
One of the things we do to make the cooking go quicker is too buy already chopped ingredients e.g onion,
We will definitely have this one again.
4 Tbsp Cake Flour
500ml Skim Milk
1 Chicken stock Cube
600g Chicken Strips
140g Peas, Frozen
3 Small Baby Marrows
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Fry the sliced mushrooms and garlic in a large pan with the oil until soft and brown set aside.
2.Combine the flour with a bit of milk and mix well to form a smooth paste.
3.Add a further 100ml of the milk to this paste and stir again removing all lumps.
4. Pour into a large pot with the remaining milk and the Chicken Stock.
5. Stir the mixture constantly until it becomes thick and creamy.
6 Add the remaining ingredients,stir well and serve.
So for Last Night Dinner I made Scrambled eggs with Avo and tomato
I made it the following way.
2 small avocados
1. Crack 6 eggs into a bowl add a bit of water or milk. Mix it in.
2. Melt butter in the frying pan. Add the egg mixture. Keep stirring. While stirring add the cheese.
3. Once cooked. Take it off the stove. Add the chopped Avocado and Tomato.
We had enough to eat for lunch the next day.
Yesterday we celebrated 3 years on WordPress and 3 years of blogging below is one of the first recipes we ever blogged.
Today’s dinner is just a simple one. I am making the Mince, Rice and Veg.
500g Mince ( we are using Soya Mince).
1 Knorr dry Cook in Spaghetti sauce
1. Cook rice according to instructions.
2. Cook Mince and add the sauce
3. Cook veg
4. Combine all ingredients
We are big fans of Gordon Ramsay and love to watch him and his daughter Tilly Ramsay on T.V and on YouTube. I saw this video he did some years back of The Ultimate Steak Sandwich and thought I would share it as my favorite YouTube Cooking Video of the week. we hope you enjoy it.