Us South Africans we love to braai and we braai any chance that we get. We braai on public holidays, days off, weekends, if there is no power. You name it we will braai and we don’t really need an excuse to do it. It is a great way to socialise or spend time with family. I also find it very relaxing.
Yesterday was my moms day off work. We woke up fairly late, discussed what food we were going to cook this week and what we were going to do the whole day. We went to the shops with my landlords 3 year old grandson and his mom. I spent the time at the shops on WiFi downloading videos while my mom and the others went and bought groceries for a change we got home from the shops early.This never happens as my mother loves to abuse the WiFi at the shops.
My mom, my landlords grandson and I then braaied. I then started an awesome braai. I braaied boerewors that my mom bought with cheese and then I made Roast vegetables.
Ruby Roast Vegetables
Mild Chilli Spice
Chop up all the veg and add mild chilli spice. Put it in tin foil with a little bit of oil and either put it in an oven or on a braai or you can put it in a pot like we did because we had no tin foil and put the pot on the braai.
It was an awesome end to an amazing day.
If you like this post please follow us so that you never miss out on our recipes.
So my mom and i got this recipe from What’s for dinners website but we changed it a bit.
8 pieces Chicken
1 tin Chakalaka
1 Knorr BBQ Cook in Bag
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Put the 8 pieces of chicken in a single layer in the cook in bag.
3. Add the tin of Chakalaka and then add the spice.
4. Loosely tie the cook in bag. Make 3 holes in it.
5. Put it in the oven on a cooking tray.
Make Pap and veg with it.
1. 300g Maize Meal
2. 900 ml water
3. Salt to taste
1. Bring water to boil
2. Add salt and Mealie meal
3. Mix with fork to avoid lumps
4. Once blended Mix with strong spoon.
5. Turn heat to medium and cook with lid on until desired texture 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally.
Picture of the Pap
So for Last Night Dinner I made Scrambled eggs with Avo and tomato
I made it the following way.
2 small avocados
1. Crack 6 eggs into a bowl add a bit of water or milk. Mix it in.
2. Melt butter in the frying pan. Add the egg mixture. Keep stirring. While stirring add the cheese.
3. Once cooked. Take it off the stove. Add the chopped Avocado and Tomato.
We had enough to eat for lunch the next day.
Today’s dinner is just a simple one. I am making the Mince, Rice and Veg.
500g Mince ( we are using Soya Mince).
1 Knorr dry Cook in Spaghetti sauce
1. Cook rice according to instructions.
2. Cook Mince and add the sauce
3. Cook veg
4. Combine all ingredients