With me being a single mom I have had to learn the hard way how to save and to come up with great ways of saving. Our lives have never been easy but we always find away to make it work
Please check out my first savings tip video and let me know what you think
I decided to do True Colors by Cindy Lauper as my next song. The reason being I was sitting outside my house the one day singing it when I was rudely told by my Landladies boyfriend that I must shut up because he cannot hear the T.V because of my singing so naturally I continued singing it. I learnt the words even though it does not look like it but while we were filming I was rudely told by my neighbor to shut up. This obviously meant that we had to film again and so I was really angry. Anyway we continued singing and annoying her which was great fun but I also really like this song as I always tell my son you will see somebodies true colors eventually. You might still like them, you might not. Peoples True Colors will always show through.
We have some more songs and videos lined up for the coming weeks so checkout our YouTube Channel and support us.
4 Tbsp Cake Flour
500ml Skim Milk
1 Chicken stock Cube
600g Chicken Strips
140g Peas, Frozen
3 Small Baby Marrows
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Fry the sliced mushrooms and garlic in a large pan with the oil until soft and brown set aside.
2.Combine the flour with a bit of milk and mix well to form a smooth paste.
3.Add a further 100ml of the milk to this paste and stir again removing all lumps.
4. Pour into a large pot with the remaining milk and the Chicken Stock.
5. Stir the mixture constantly until it becomes thick and creamy.
6 Add the remaining ingredients,stir well and serve.
Below is the original recipe that we got from whats for dinners website and underneath is the changes we made.
Recipe Serves: 4
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
125g Lasagne Sheets
410g Tin cream style sweet corn
250 ml grated Cheddar Cheese or Mozzarella
Garlic and herb potato bake powder
1. Peel and thinly slice the butternut
2.In a greased, oven proof dish place a thin layer of butternut.
3.Top with a thin layer of Onion
Arrange a single layer of pasta sheets on top.
4.Over the pasta spread a thin layer of sweet corn and place a few spinach leaves.
5. Sprinkle with a layer of grated cheese.
6. Repeat the process using butternut, onion,pasta sheets,sweet corn,spinach and cheese until all is used up.
7. End with a layer of cheese.
8. Mix the garlic and herb potato bake seasoning with a little milk until smooth.
9.Stir in the remaining milk.
10. Pour over the cheese layer.
11.Allow to stand for about an hour before baking.
12. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius until vegetables and lasagne are tender.
Alternative ways of making it.
1. Use butternut and sweet potato. Cook it a little and mash it beforehand.
2. Instead of spinach leaves you can use spinach lasagna sheets.
3.You can also add mushrooms to the lasagna.
The lasagna before we cooked it.
The lasagna afterwards.
If like me you add too much milk then add extra cheese when cooking.
So my mom and i got this recipe from What’s for dinners website but we changed it a bit.
8 pieces Chicken
1 tin Chakalaka
1 Knorr BBQ Cook in Bag
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Put the 8 pieces of chicken in a single layer in the cook in bag.
3. Add the tin of Chakalaka and then add the spice.
4. Loosely tie the cook in bag. Make 3 holes in it.
5. Put it in the oven on a cooking tray.
Make Pap and veg with it.
1. 300g Maize Meal
2. 900 ml water
3. Salt to taste
1. Bring water to boil
2. Add salt and Mealie meal
3. Mix with fork to avoid lumps
4. Once blended Mix with strong spoon.
5. Turn heat to medium and cook with lid on until desired texture 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally.
Picture of the Pap
So for Last Night Dinner I made Scrambled eggs with Avo and tomato
I made it the following way.
2 small avocados
1. Crack 6 eggs into a bowl add a bit of water or milk. Mix it in.
2. Melt butter in the frying pan. Add the egg mixture. Keep stirring. While stirring add the cheese.
3. Once cooked. Take it off the stove. Add the chopped Avocado and Tomato.
We had enough to eat for lunch the next day.
Yesterday we celebrated 3 years on WordPress and 3 years of blogging below is one of the first recipes we ever blogged.
Today’s dinner is just a simple one. I am making the Mince, Rice and Veg.
500g Mince ( we are using Soya Mince).
1 Knorr dry Cook in Spaghetti sauce
1. Cook rice according to instructions.
2. Cook Mince and add the sauce
3. Cook veg
4. Combine all ingredients